One Less Starfish on the Beach - Danielle Rose Pan Xue

An invisible read thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but never break. - Ancient Chinese Proverb

I have always loved this proverb.  It has proven itself to be true in so many circumstances especially with adoption. I have met people from MI, AZ, Australia and Canada who have supported my journey and who I consider true friends.  Facebook and the phone have been wonderful links.  God always has a plan even as we try to control our own destiny.  We make decisions and plans but they don't always work out the way we plan.  God does answer prayers but not in the way we usually think he will.  I took a break from looking at waiting child lists after withdrawing our application to adopt Jin Jin.

 Then I went onto the Rainbow Kids website.  I came across the description of a child I thought I had seen months before while still doing paperwork.  She was with another agency.  There was no picture.  For some reason, I decided to pick up the phone and call and ask about her.  I asked if she had been on the shared list before and the other agency told me that she had been on it and that they weren't able to place her with any of their families.  She said that if I wanted to see her file then she would email it to me.  I asked her to.  I would recognize her smile anywhere!  What a beautiful little princess!  I had even shown her picture to Scott those months ago.  He remembered her too.  At the time I saw her before, we were still really waiting to be matched by our agency with our medical checklist that had minor/correctable special needs on it so I hadn't really reviewed her file.  The lady at the other agency also told me that in 2 weeks she was traveling to her orphanage to assess other kids to try to find homes for them.  She also had updated info and more pictures!  I was thrilled!  After a couple of  weeks of educating ourselves about Spina Bifida and Scoliosis, we decided to lock in her file.  We were in love!  I feel that God led me back to Pan Xue and she was always suppossed to be our daughter.  I wouldn't have had all the extra info and pictures and someone going to meet her months before.   The other agency's info helped us be able to make an informed decision.  There was so much more since she was on their individual list.  The bonus was that the other agency was going to be able to meet her.  I mailed a pkg. with gifts to Pan Xue along with a photo album of us.  She is described as bright and witty and quite a little character.  The lady that met her said Pan Xue came right up to her and started talking away even though she couldn't understand a word!  I love it!  I should travel around the end of August 2011 to adopt Danielle Rose Pan Xue!  I am so lucky that my aunt has agreed to travel with me.  She has been to China before and Scott can stay with our other children which will help out financially since costs have gone up for everything related to the adoption expenses.  We feel so lucky to have found her and look forward to bringing her home!  Please keep us and her in your prayers as she waits for us.  The Red Thread never broke and we will meet our Danielle soon!  Please continue to follow our journey!  I will be posting with new developments. 

The smile I never forgot and will never forget...
         

What a Happy Girl!
4-26-11 

1 comments:

Christel Ann Cook said...

Wow!!! I have read everything and its amazing to get to know so much more about you!!! Love the story of China the dog! You have to sell those books from your blog to raise money!!!

You wrote so much!!! Love having all the background info on here! The whole blog is awesome!! I am so excited to read everything and "follow" a long! :) I love all the pictures of everybody too!

welcome to bloggy-land! :)

Christel

Post a Comment