Moving with the USMC to PA!

Scott and I had a good 1st year of marriage in Atlanta.  We adopted our 1st "baby" - a special kitty named Oreo.  We got her when we were married about 6 months from my dear friend Kathy.  Kathy called me one day out of desperation to find her a home.  Kathy had brought her home from a neighbor's yard sale and her husband's cat, Pewter, did NOT like it!  Scott had told me that he didn't like cats or small dogs but here we go....  Oreo was such a fun cat!  She was my 1st cat.  She fetched ice cubes and chased me down the hall of our apt.  Scott had gotten out of the USMC but decided to get back in!  January of 1993 after a year of marriage, we were off to PA.  Oreo howled the entire 16 hours in the car!  Not fun holding a screaching cat while trying to go thru a PA turnpike toll booth!  What an experience moving from GA to PA!  I tried to communicate with a waitress who looked like Flo from the show "Alice" in South Philly at the Melrose Diner shortly after arriving and we could not understand each other!  It was hilarious!  Our second "baby" was Phil the Chihuahua from Philly!  I wanted to get a friend for Oreo but Scott said no to another cat, SOOOOOO, we drove thru a scary part of Philly under railways, barrels burning on the side of the road to get our little man.  And, he was LITTLE!  I was scared to hold him.  He was like a big rat!  Love at 1st sight!  Poor Scott! I decided that Oreo needed a friend when we took Phil places so we ended up getting what started out as a tiny farm cat and who turned out to be a 20 pounder!  We named him Rush which is a name he grew into for Rush Limbaugh.  And we weren't done with pets yet!  We moved to VA in 1998.

Oreo and Phil always loved each other.

Rush

0 comments:

Post a Comment